Chef Fig’s Ghost Loaf – a Savory and Spicy Meatloaf Recipe
Chef Fig’s Ghost Loaf – a Savory and Spicy Meatloaf RecipePrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 2 lbs lean ground beef 80/20
- 1 lbs ground sausage
- ½ medium onion diced
- ½ red pepper diced
- ½ poblano pepper diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Melinda's Ghost Steak Sauce
- 2 tbsp Melinda's Ghost Pepper Ketchup
- 2 eggs
- ¾ whole milk
- ¾ panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter to grease baking sheet
- 1 tsp kosher salt to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper more to taste
- ½ cup Melinda’s Black Pepper Ketchup or Chili Sauce or Plain Ketchup
- ½ cup Melinda’s Ghost Pepper Ketchup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a rimmed full baking sheet. Sauté the onion, poblano pepper, red pepper, and garlic over medium heat for a few minutes. Add the Melinda’s Ghost Pepper Ketchup and Steak Sauce. Add salt and black pepper. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, and breadcrumbs. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes. Then, add the ground beef, ground sausage, everything from the sauté pan, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix gently, be sure not to squeeze or mash the mixture.
- Form a loaf on the baking pan and bake for 40 minutes.
Make the Glaze
- Now that the Ghost Loaf is in the oven, whisk together the Melinda’s Black Pepper Ketchup and Melinda’s Ghost Pepper Ketchup with the brown sugar. Spread mixture over the meatloaf and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F. Then broil for a few minutes to caramelize the glaze. Remove from oven and rest it for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with mashed potatoes and something green like broccoli or green beans.