Melinda’s Truffle Skillet Mac & Cheese
Melinda’s Truffle Skillet Mac & CheesePrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
Ingredients for pie filling:
- 6 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 5½ cups Milk
- 2 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 4½ cups Sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 2 cups Gruyere grated
- ½ cup Melinda’s Truffle Hot Sauce
- 1 lb Elbow macaroni
- Breadcrumbs for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- In a saucepan, melt 6 Tbsp of butter. When butter begins to bubble, stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. Slowly add milk and whisk until mixture begins to bubble and thicken.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in salt, pepper, nutmeg, cheddar cheese, gruyere and Melinda’s truffle hot sauce until melted and well incorporated. Set aside.
- Bring the pot of water to a boil and cook elbow macaroni to the manufacturer’s directions. Once cooked, drain and rinse with cold water. Stir macaroni into the cheese sauce.
- Fill two 9” cast iron pans with the macaroni and sprinkle with remaining cheddar and gruyere cheese along with breadcrumbs if desired. Bake for 30 minutes until golden on top.
- Allow to cool and serve with more truffle hot sauce if desired!