Melinda’s Thanksgiving Leftovers Pot Pie
Melinda’s Thanksgiving Leftovers Pot PiePrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1½ C White Onion diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic diced
- 2 C Carrots (from about 2-3 medium carrots), diced
- 1 C Green Beans cut into 1” pieces
- 1½ C Yellow Potato Cubed
- 1 tbsp Fresh Thyme
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 2½ C Turkey or Chicken Broth
- ½ C Milk
- ¼ C Flower
- 1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 tsp Worcestershire
- 2 tbsp Melinda’s Spicy Garlic Parmesan
- 2 tsp Melinda’s XXXtra Hot
- Krusteaz Pie Crust Mix
- 1 Egg lightly beaten with 1 Tbsp water (egg wash to brush the crust)
- 2 C Stuffing for the bottom layer of pot pies
- 1 C Cranberry sauce for garnish
- 2 C Leftover turkey cubed
- ½ C Gravy (can be added in with broth if desired for flavor)
- 2 tsp Melinda’s Jalapeño Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- In a large stockpot or dutch oven heat oil and butter over medium heat. Add onions, carrots, green beans and potatoes. Cook for 3-5 minutes until onions begin to wilt. Season with salt, pepper and fresh thyme.
- Add stock and gravy and let simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes begin to soften.
- In a separate bowl mix flour and milk until smooth. Turn heat down to medium on the stove and add the milk mixture, stir until incorporated. Add a can of cream of mushroom soup, worcestershire and Melinda’s spicy garlic parm and XXXtra hot (Feel free to add more to your taste and desired heat level!) Allow mixture to bubble and thicken for 5-10 minutes. The mixture should be a thick creamy consistency. Remove from heat and add the turkey.
- Follow instructions for Krusteaz pie crust mix (or your preferred pie crust mix or recipe)
- Once the bottom crust is in the pan, spoon a ½” layer of leftover stuffing into each pie shell. Pour 1-1.5 cup of pie mixture over top of the stuffing so that it is nearly level with the edge of the pie crust edge with a slight mound in the middle. Add the top layer of crust, crimping the crust closed and cutting a few small slits in the top to vent. Brush with egg wash.
- Place pies on a sheet pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
For the cranberry relish
- Simply add a few teaspoons to taste of Melinda’s Jalapeño Pepper Sauce to your leftover cranberry sauce for a sweet, tangy and spicy topper to your pie.