Melinda’s Spicy Spaghetti Carbonara
Melinda’s Spicy Spaghetti CarbonaraPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 1 lb dried spaghetti
- 6 eggs 2 whole, 4 yolk
- ¼ cup Pecorino Romano Cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz Pancetta or guanciale cubed 1/4 inch
- 1 tsp Black pepper fresh ground
- Melinda’s Spicy Garlic Parmesan Wing Sauce & Condiment
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Place spaghetti in the pot and boil 11-13 minutes to Al dente, see package for instructions. In a large sauté, place pancetta in cold pan and heat to med high. Starting with a cold pan helps render the fat. While you pancetta is frying, mix 2 whole eggs in a bowl with 4 yolks. Add the pecorino, Parmesan cheese and black pepper. Whisk together well.
- When pancetta is crispy and the fat is rendered, turn off the heat. Your pasta should be ready. Add 1/4 cup of pasta water to the pan with pancetta to help cool off then pan.
- This is the important part, if you don’t do this right you end up with scrambled eggs. Now that the pan has cooled in the pasta water is in, add the pasta, then the egg sauce. Stir until the egg sauce becomes creamy. If it is too thick, add a little more pasta water.
- The sauce will become creamy and it is now ready to serve.