Melinda’s Fire Roasted Garlic and Habanero Glazed Spring Carrot Veggie Taco
Melinda’s Fire Roasted Garlic and Habanero Glazed Spring Carrot Veggie TacoPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 1 cup Melinda’s Fire Roasted Garlic and Habanero
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 26 young spring carrots scubbed and stemmed
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 20 peppercorns
- ½ medium white onion thinly sliced
- 1 stick butter unslated
- 6 oz goat cheese crumbled
- 1 cup watercress leaves
- 12 flour tortillas
- 2 tsps kosher salt
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, avocado oil, & 1 tsp salt.
- Sauté bread crumb mixture over medium heat, stirring until toasted and lightly golden–about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Slice 2 of the carrots into thin rounds and place in a small, nonreactive bowl. Set a saucepan over medium heat and add the vinegar, brown sugar, 1 tsp. salt, peppercorns and onion slices. Bring to a simmer, then remove from heat and pour pickling liquid over carrot rounds. Allow to steep for at least 20 minutes.
- Melt half the butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Stir continuously until light brown, about 3 ½ minutes. Add half the remaining carrots–about 12–to the pan, lower the heat to medium low and slowly caramelize the carrots in the butter until tender–about 20 minutes. Remove the first batch of carrots to drain on a paper towel-lined plate and season with salt. Put the remaining half-stick of butter in the pan and repeat the cooking process with the second batch of 12 carrots.
- Add the cup of Melinda’s Fire Roasted Garlic and Habanero to the skillet, glaze the caramelized carrots for about 3 minutes.
- Assemble the tacos: On warmed flour tortillas, distribute about 2 carrots per taco, top with crumbled goat cheese, watercress, toasted breadcrumbs, pickled carrots and onions and a final drizzling of Melinda’s Fire Roasted Garlic and Habanero sauce.