Melinda’s Crispy Sweet and Spicy Wings
Melinda’s Crispy Sweet and Spicy WingsPrint Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 2 lbs chicken wings Cut at joints, discard wingettes
- 1.5 cup Melinda’s Thai Sweet Chili Reserve 1/2 cup to coat wings
- 1 cup fish sauce
- 1 cup water
- 3 cloves garlic Smashed
- 1 inch ginger Smashed
- 2 cup cornstarch
- 2 gallon Ziplock bags
- 2 tbsp garlic chips
- 2 tbsp green onion Sliced
- Open Ziplock bag and add chicken wings with Melinda’s Thai sweet chili sauce, fish sauce, water, garlic, and ginger for 1 hour up to 4 hours.
- When ready to fry, heat frying oil to 375 degrees.
- Remove chicken from marinade, shake off excess marinade, press into cornstarch, shake off excess cornstarch, and fry for 7-10 minutes or until internal temperature is 165 degrees.
- Drain chicken wings on paper towel, add to bowl and toss with 1/2 cup Melinda’s Thai Sweet Chili sauce.
- Plate and garnish with garlic chips and sliced green onions.