Melinda’s Breakfast Pizza with Spicy Garlic Parmesan
Melinda’s Breakfast Pizza with Spicy Garlic ParmesanPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tbsp Melinda’s Garlic Parmesan sauce
- coarse salt and pepper
- ½ lb Pizza dough
- ½ cup Gruyere
- ½ cup Ricotta
- ¼ cup Grated parmesan
- A few slices of crumbled bacon
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1-2 large eggs
- Handful of arugula
Makes: 12inch12 x 12inch round
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease pizza pan.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and slowly whisk in flour. Add milk, Melinda’s Garlic Parmesan sauce and whisk until simmering. Cook for 2-3 minutes to reduce, and then remove from heat.
- In a medium sauté pan or skillet over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until just beginning to crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and let bacon drain and cool. Then add thinly sliced onions to the pan and sauté about 10 minutes until tender.
- Roll pizza dough out into a 12 inch circle. Place dough on pizza pan and spread cream sauce over the dough. Then add the gruyere and dollop the ricotta around the pizza. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Sprinkle bacon bits, onion and parmesan cheese over top.
- Bake for 5 minutes and then remove from the oven and crack the eggs on top. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted and eggs are set.
- Sprinkle pizza with arugula and if desired, a generous drizzling of Melinda’s garlic parmesan sauce. Devour immediately!
- Ricotta can be switched out for goat cheese if desired for a delicious variation. Also if desired, you can swap out the arugula for curly kale. Once eggs are cracked on