Mango Habanero Caramel Popcorn Balls
Mango Habanero Caramel Popcorn BallsPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 15 Popcorn balls
- 1 ½ cup Butter
- ¾ cup Sugar brown or granulated
- 1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk 14 oz can
- 3 Tbsp Light Corn Syrup
- 1 Bottle Melinda's Mango Habanero Hot Sauce 5 oz bottle
- ½ Cup Popcorn Kernels
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat, then add in the sugar and whisk until fully dissolved.
- Then add sweetened condensed milk and corn syrup and turn the heat up to high.
- Whisk briskly until mixture comes to a boil (bubbles should appear even while whisking)
- Then turn heat to med/low and whisk continuously for 15 minutesDo not pull off heat or stop whisking until caramel becomes thickened and pulls away from the side of the pan otherwise your caramel won't "set".
- Pull off heat and then whisk in a full bottle of Mango Habanero Hot Sauce.1 Bottle Melinda's Mango Habanero Hot Sauce
- Let caramel cool for at least 15 minutes.
To make the popcorn
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil on medium-high heat then add popcorn kernels ( I usually pop half at a time due to the size of my pot)
- Once the popping begins to slow, pull off heat and leave covered for 1 minute
To form the popcorn balls:
- Drizzle cooled caramel mixture overtop popcorn in a large bowl and carefully fold in caramel until the kernels are fully coated.
- Butter or use cooking spray on hands to form tennis ball sized popcorn balls and then let cool on a sheet of parchment.
- Sprinkle with Maldon sea salt and chili powder and enjoy!