Huevos Rancheros de Melinda
- 8 large eggs
- Refried beans (homemade or can, if using a can, Ducal brand is really good)
- 8 Fresh corn tortillas fried or store bought tostadas
- 15 oz can of tomato sauce
- ½ white onion diced
- ½ cup Melinda’s Jalapeño Ketchup
- 2 tbsp Melinda's Mexicana
- ¼ cup chicken stock, broth or water with chicken cube
- 1 tsp ground oregano
- 1 tsp salt or more to taste
- queso fresco cheese grated
- 1 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 2 cups peanut oil or vegetable oil for frying
- lime wedges
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, add the onion and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, Melinda’s Jalapeño Ketchup, the Melinda’s Mexicana sauce, chicken stock, oregano and salt, bring to a low simmer and cover for 30 minutes.
- In a frying pan, add the oil, when oil hits 325 degrees, add several tortillas and fry until crisp, flipping once (1-2 minutes). Remove from oil and place on a paper towel to drain. Fry the remaining tortillas.
- Fry two eggs per order sunny side up.
- Spread beans on two tortillas per plate, lay the egg on top, top the eggs with the ranchero sauce, queso fresco and cilantro. Place a lime wedge on the plate. Enjoy!