David Figueroa's twist on South American ChimmichurriPrint Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 8 persons
- ½ cup flat leaf Italian parsley minced fine
- ½ cup chopped cilantro leaves minced fine
- 4 cloves garlic minced fine
- 2 stalks Scallions minced fine
- 1 shallot minced fine
- 1 fresh jalapeño or serrano chilies minced fine
- 1 tsp fresh Oregano minced fine
- 1 tsp Melinda's XXXtra Hot Sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon or lime juice fresh squeezed
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp black pepper fresh ground
- Place finely minced garlic, scallions, hot sauce, salt, vinegar, lime juice, serrano/jalapeño pepper and shallot in a non-reactive bowl for 10 or so minutes while you mince the herbs.
- Stir in herbs until mixed well, then pour olive oil over the top. You want the olive oil to slightly cover the mixture, if it doesn't, add a little more oil.
- Let sit in the refrigerator for an hour to set before serving.
- Take out of the refrigerator and allow it to get to room temperature before serving (15 to 20 mins.)