Chef Fig’s Fish Tacos
- 2-3 pounds Mahi Mahi Filets
- 24 Corn Tortillas
- 8 oz Queso fresco crumbled
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp Melinda's Mango
- juice of one lime
- 1 tbsp Melinda's Ghost Steak Sauce
- 1 tbsp Melinda's Green Sauce
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1 tsp ground achiote or anneto seed
- ¼ tsp fish sauce (optional)
- ½ tsp coriander toasted and ground
- ½ tsp cumin toasted and ground
- 1 tsp kosher salt or sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
Avocado-Cilantro Lime Crema Ingredients
- 2 whole ripe avacados pealed and pitted
- 1 16oz jar Mexican crema
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 lime juiced
- 3 tbsp Melinda's Green Sauce
- Mix all marinade ingredients together. Place fish fillets in a ziplock and pour marinade over, place in refrigerator until grilling time. (Marinate 1-4 hours)
Make Cabbage Slaw and Avocado Lime Crema
- You can make the slaw dressing the night before, it holds for several days.You’ll need a large mixing bowl and a smaller one for the sauce. Place the cabbage, cilantro and red onions in the large bowl. In the smaller bowl, mix together mayo and sour cream, juice, zest, chile pepper, Melinda’s Mango Habanero Pepper Sauce
- Melinda’s Green Sauce and Melinda’s Red Savina Pepper Sauce. Stir it all up and toss with cabbage mixture. Hold in the refrigerator until serving time. You want it cold and creamy with the hot fish.
Make the Avocado-Cilantro Lime Crema
- Place all ingredients (avocado, lime juice, cilantro and Melinda’s Green Sauce) in a blender or Nutri-Bullet and whip into a light fluffy consistency. Place into a squeeze bottle so it can be drizzled all over your tacos.
- Place into a squeeze bottle.
Grill the fish
- Remove fish from marinade and pat dry. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper and place on a hot oiled grill. Grill first side 3 mins, flip and grill another 3 mins.
- Once the fish is done, chop it up into pieces and serve hot with warm corn tortillas, place the slaw on top and drizzle with the crema and a sprinkle of queso fresco!