- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Dill Pickle Juice
- 1/4 cup Melinda's XXXXtra Hot Sauce
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Melinda's XXXtra Hot Sauce
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 2 tspn sugar
- 1 tspn Baking Powder
- 1 tspn Garlic Powder
- 1 tspn Kosher Salt
- ½ tspn black pepper
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 8 Kings Hawaiian Hamburger Bun buttered and toasted
- 24 Dill Pickle Slices
- Cut chicken breast horizontally and then in half vertically to 2”x 3” pieces. This will net 6-8 pieces of chicken, 4 ounce pieces.
- Place chicken pieces in Ziploc bag with pickle juice and hot sauce. Brine in refrigerator for at least an hour up to 6 hours.
- In a separate bowl add egg, butter milk and hotsauce whisk until it becomes a homogeneous mixture.
- In another bowl, mix all the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, garlic powder, salt, black pepper and add 3-4 tablespoons of the milk mixture and combine until it becomes a wet, sandy texture.
- In a large stock pot or deep fryer, heat vegetable oil to 350 degrees.
- Remove chicken pieces from brine and add to milk mixture. Shake off excess wet mixture and press firmly into flour. Evenly coat all sides. Repeat with remaining chicken breast.
- Cook 2-3 pieces of chicken at time to ensure even cooking temperature and time. Each piece should take 4-5 minutes depending on thickness of chicken. Transfer to towel-lined plate.